Minimum requirements for the role:
- A degree- preferably in Geology is essential.
- 3 years working experience as a Mineralogist is essential.
- A technical sales orientated personality would be ideal – as you will be dealing with customers.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be young and dynamic.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collecting and analysing samples of Gold , Diamond and other minerals.
- Examining, analysing, and classifying minerals, gems and precious stones i.e. isolates specimen from ore, rocks or matrices.
- Making microscopic examination to determine shape, surface markings, and other physical characteristics.
- Performing physical and chemical tests and makes x-ray examinations to determine composition of specimen and type of crystalline structure.
- Identifies and classifies samples.
- Developing data and theories on mode of origin, occurrence, and possible uses of minerals.
- Compiling reports based on data and research.
- Handling any customer enquiries or queries.